Laser hair removal offers several advantages over waxing:
- Long-term hair reduction: Laser hair removal targets the hair follicles, damaging them to inhibit future hair growth. With multiple sessions, it can lead to significant and long-lasting hair reduction, potentially resulting in permanent hair removal. Waxing, on the other hand, only removes hair temporarily, and regrowth occurs within a few weeks.
- Precision and speed: Laser hair removal can selectively target dark, coarse hair while leaving the surrounding skin unharmed. It can treat larger areas of the body quickly, as each pulse of the laser takes just a fraction of a second. Waxing typically involves applying wax and removing it with strips, which can be time-consuming and require precision to avoid skin irritation.
- Reduced discomfort: Laser hair removal is generally less painful than waxing. While some individuals may experience mild discomfort during the procedure, it is usually well-tolerated, especially when compared to the sensation of wax being pulled off the skin. Additionally, modern laser devices often incorporate cooling mechanisms that soothe the skin during treatment.
- Convenience and time savings: Laser hair removal offers convenience and time savings in the long run. Once the desired reduction is achieved, maintenance sessions are typically required less frequently compared to waxing, which may need to be done every few weeks. This can save you time and effort in the long term.
- Fewer side effects: Laser hair removal carries fewer potential side effects compared to waxing. While some temporary redness, swelling, or mild skin irritation may occur after laser treatment, these effects generally subside within a few hours to a few days. Waxing can sometimes cause skin irritation, ingrown hairs, and even burns if not performed correctly. Waxing over long periods of time or regularly can create an ingrown hair problem that wont go away unless you get Laser Hair removal.
It’s important to note that the effectiveness and experience of laser hair removal can vary depending on factors such as hair and skin color, hair density, and the quality of the equipment used. Consulting with a trained professional is recommended to determine if laser hair removal is suitable for your specific needs. At The Laser Club, we have the worlds most powerful diode machine for Laser Hair Removal that exists. 3 times more powerful that the Soprano Ice machine.
Cost comparison Laser Hair Removal vs Waxing
The cost of laser hair removal and waxing can vary depending on several factors, such as the area being treated, the location of the service provider, and the individual pricing policies. However, I can provide you with a general comparison of the costs associated with each method.
Laser Hair Removal: Laser hair removal is a long-term hair reduction method that uses laser technology to target and destroy hair follicles. The cost of laser hair removal can vary significantly depending on the size of the treatment area and the number of sessions required. On average, you can expect to pay between £50 and £250 per session. Multiple sessions are usually needed to achieve the desired results, typically ranging from 6 to 8 sessions, spaced several weeks apart. Therefore, the total cost for a full treatment can range heavily although at The Laser Club we have our full body package which covers the main areas for just £895 for 6 sessions.
Waxing: Waxing is a temporary hair removal method that involves applying hot or cold wax to the skin and then removing the hair from the root. Waxing is usually priced per area, and the cost can vary depending on the size of the area being treated. On average, the cost of waxing ranges from £10 to £70 per session, depending on the area. The duration of hair-free results varies, but typically hair regrowth occurs within 3 to 6 weeks. To maintain hair-free skin, regular waxing sessions are required.
It’s worth noting that while the initial cost of laser hair removal is generally higher than waxing, laser hair removal provides long-term reduction or even permanent hair reduction, which can lead to cost savings in the long run compared to ongoing waxing sessions. Additionally, laser hair removal can be more time-efficient, as it requires fewer maintenance sessions in the future.
I’m sold – how can I go ahead?
The best way to go ahead with us is to book a free consultation here and come and see us, ask all the questions you wish and if you want to go ahead then we take payment and plan/organise and book your first session in.
Or, what to chat? Call us on 01613271712
Primelase HR – made in Spain
Slide and glide delivered treatments, superfast & painless
All skin types
The most powerful diode machine in the world currently at 4800-5000 watts of power. The Primelase is 4 times more powerful than Soprano Ice machines
No copies or counterfeit machines circulating.
Soprano (Alma Lasers) – made in Israel
1200watts of power.
Numerous counterfeit and copies exist for such worrying low prices. This means techs starting out, people with low budgets can buy these safe machines and pass them off as genuine. They are not FDA cleared and not considered safe. Techs will not be correctly or genuinely insured. If you see anyone selling a Soprano Ice full body package for less than £1000 and they are not a reputable chain of clinics, avoid.
Cynosure made in USA
Only 2 wavelengths
Considered painful and comes with a stand-alone cooling machine to try and eliminate pain.
Numerous counterfeit machines on DH gate, made in China etc
Numerous counterfeit products sold out of China
Candella made in USA
Only 2 wavelengths. Not a Diode machine. Not ‘slide and glide’
4600 Watts of power
This machine treats tons of other skin issues such as thread veins. Comes with an in-built cryo cooling system.
Other Laser Machine brands:
The Smart Group – Smart diode
Entry level machine
Not FDA cleared. Made in China, white labeled machines sold all over the world and named various different names. Unreliable and overheat easily. Less than 1800watts of power, too weak to removal hair permanently. Hairs are often put to sleep and clients report full hair growth after 3-5 months of stopping treatments.
AW3 All White Laser
Entry level machine
Not FDA cleared
Often found in start-up companies or beauty salons
However, they seem to give fairly good results.
Be careful of unbranded laser hair removal machines or self-branded. No brand – what are they hiding? Normally Chinese machines that are uninsurable and potentially unsafe to use.
All laser hair removal technicians in the UK must be face to face trained by the machine manufacturer otherwise they are not insured to conduct your treatment. If they have bought a counterfeit machine, they won’t be manufacturer trained and insurance will be invalid.
So, which laser hair removal machine is the best?
Soprano vs Primelase
The Primelase HR by Cocoon Medical is considered the all round best and most powerful machine yet FDA cleared, safe and NO counterfeit machines anywhere on the internet. No-one can replicate this quad wavelength technology.
An independent test was conducted on both Soprano Ice and Primelase HR machines and the Primelase came out on top with 55% more effective hair removal than the Soprano. You can read all about this here.
Full body laser package offer currently on is just £895 for 6 sessions or £1250 for head to toe laser.
You can book your free consultation and patch test hereBack to blog